When snow is forecasted in Calgary, crews are available 24/7 to respond and keep our roads safe. That means apply anti-icing solution to our roads before the snow falls, and plowing and sanding after the snow starts falling. Crews focus on high-volume roads first in order to keep the highest number of Calgarians moving safely.
You can help us keep the roads and sidewalks safe this winter, too. Here’s a few ways to keep everyone moving safely:
- Slow down and drive or cycle defensively during winter driving conditions.
- Keep a safe distance – help our crews do their jobs by staying three car lengths behind sanders and plows.
- No sudden moves (braking, lane changes, etc.)
- Provide enough distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Ensure you have appropriate tires and footwear.
- Keep your sidewalk clear of snow and ice within 24 hours after the snow has stopped falling.
For information on winter driving, safe shovelling, and more, visit calgary.ca/snow.
Thank you for your attention,
Councillor Sean Chu, Ward 4