The Sandstone MacEwan Community Association website is your source for news, events, notices and updates for everything happening in the Sandstone and MacEwan Communities. You can also join and pay membership fees on the site and browse galleries from past events and contact us for any assistance in our community.
- This event has passed.
August 25, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFREE
‘SANDSTOCK’ is back for a 7th year! This SMCA community event is aimed at bringing family, friends and residents together to enjoy a FREE family fun filled afternoon with activities for the kids, an artisan market with arts & crafts, delicious food, and great live music from the local MacEwan band CORAZONES!
THINGS TO SEE & DO
– enjoy live music by the Corazones
– dance with the A&W Root Bear
– give a high fives to the folks at the X92.9 Summer Cruiser and CFD Fire Truck
– bring the kids to play in the bouncy castles and get their face painted
– shop in the expanded market area with over 15 vendors
– purchase a SMCA membership and get a free burger
– have fun with you family, friends and neighbours…everyone is welcome!
- 1:00PM – Sandstock Opens
- 1:00 – 2:00PM – CFD Fire Truck
- 1:30 – 2:30PM – Corazones Set 1
- 2:00 – 4:00PM – A&W Root Bear
- 2:30 – 3:15PM – Intermission
- 3:15 – 4:15ish – Corazones Set 2
- 4:30 – 5:00pm – Sandstock Ends…until next year 😉
SITE LOCATION & MAP
Sandstone Park – 99 Sandstone Drive NW
A – Back Stage – parking for sound, bands, and vendors
B – Stage Area – Information, SMCA and Merch Tents
C – Audience – bring your lawn chairs
D – Kids Activities – bouncy castle & mini-golf
E – Craft Market – Arts & Crafts for sale
F – Food – M&Ms
G – Washrooms – Porta-Potties
Public Parking is available along Sandstone Drive NW on the both sides of the street across from the park and in the nearby Sandstone Transit Bus Loop just to the SE of the park.
Taking Calgary Transit to Sandstock is a viable option because the following bus routes feed into the Sandstone Transit Terminal on Sunday, August 25th:
3 – Sandstone
46 – Beddington
118 – Hidden Valley
430 – Sandstone/Airport
We would also encourage people to walk or ride their bikes! The Calgary Bike Pathway system feeds directly into Sandstone Park via regional pathway, in addition Sandstone Drive is an on-street bike route!
THINGS TO BRING
- sunscreen, umbrella and a hat to wear (the rain will stay away!)
- blanket or lawn chair to sit on
- bug spray
- some cash for shopping in the market
- your family, friends and neighbours…everyone is welcome!